Monday, March 12, 2012

Introduction of sorts

Hello, everyone! I've created this blog mainly to showcase my work, both in-progress and complete, as well as offer my thoughts on animation and gaming in general. Hope to put myself out there for beginners to contact, since I've seen far too many aspiring animators go into the field without having ever gone beyond traditional artwork. Not that there's anything wrong about traditional stuff- it's definitely the foundation needed in any art field! I just feel like the industry would get more innovation if the playing ground was a bit less of a cliff.

But that's enough of that, I'll post some art before you leave. Basically, I'm going to open up myself for critique here, too. Since listening to advice has brought me from models like this:

up through my current projects, like Suzie here:

With my own characters, I tend to go more for relevant detailing than layered designing, but I like to experiment around, and pick up new techniques by trying different approaches. So, without further adieu, I will end my first post. Shoot me questions or comments, if you've got 'em, and I'll be back shortly to post more of my in-progress shots!

No comments:

Post a Comment